Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Three rides on one blog post, just a short one.

Took three rides recently, two with my lovely wife, the other one solo.
The first one, a solo trip, was just in do some more investigating about the area in which I live.

I have never headed north on Coldwater Road, and just kept going. Not anymore.

I headed up through Garrett (Home of the Railroaders!) and all the way up to Corunna. There were a few stretches of twists and hills, but nothing special. At least I can say I got the experience.

From Corunna, I headed east on US 6, across I 69 and into Waterloo. From there, I took 427 South into Auburn. I did stop for a quick break and photo op at the Auburn Cord Deusenberg Museum. I've long wanted to go in there, but I'll have to save that for another trip.

From Auburn, I continued south until I was back in the confines of Fort Wayne, down Tonkel Road and eventually back into familiar surroundings. All told this was a short trip of about 99 miles.


Today's Ride: 99 miles
Goal for 2012: 7,500 miles
Miles ridden so far in 2012: 1,420
----------------------


Two other jaunts recently with my lovely wife included:

A trip out to Wabash for lunch/dinner at the Market Street Grill. 


Hot day, fun ride, and the best part was that it was open! 

Today's Ride: 91 miles
Goal for 2012: 7,500 miles
Miles ridden so far in 2012: 1,510


----------------------

Finally (for this blog post anyway), Jannette and I decided to venture out to Salamonie Lake/Reservoir/Dam to see how low the water was.  We didn't really have a route in mind and therefore we wandered all around.

Fun trip, but short.

Today's Ride: 120 miles
Goal for 2012: 7,500 miles
Miles ridden so far in 2012: 1,630

No comments:

Post a Comment