Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Warm ups for a great 2012 summer!

Today and yesterday, I took advantage of some nice sunny weather and the fact that I had a 4 day weekend with no pressing events that needed my time.

Let's start with yesterday...
Jannette and I decided to take advantage of the weather and did a little 5.5 hour and 206 mile journey around northeastern Indiana. About midway through the trip, we decided to hit Pioneer, Ohio and see if there was anything on the shelf calling our name at Hudson Leather Company.

Aside from a bit of a chill, and about 7 million bugs, it was a great ride. Intermittent clouds and sunshine and temps around 72 kept us attentive. We made a huge circle around Fort Wayne, by way of Huntington, Albion, Kendallville, Hudson, and Pioneer, Ohio. Only one bit of Interstate, and that was just to get us home a little more quickly. After all, she had purchased a new riding jacket (and of course we had to see how it held up at high speed), and I had purchased some new luggage for shorter trips. (Let's see how canvas holds up to the elements).

No sooner did I get all the bugs cleaned off, than I decided to take a solo jaunt today. Like some of the best rides you'll ever take, this one didn't have a destination in mind as I left the driveway. It was literally a last minute decision as I approached the end of the driveway. Left, and I go east-ish. Right, and I go west-ish. I went right.

This was a lot of fun because I didn't really know until my first stop where I was going to end up. I started at the south side of Huntington and took IN-9 down to Marion. Then to Kokomo, Logansport, Peru, Wabash and then back home. Just 191 miles today over about 5.5 hours.

Clearly, I'm not hitting superslab and high speeds. I'll leave that for some of the longer trips this summer.

Goal for 2012 is about 7,500 miles, and with these two trips, along with a few short earlier trips, I'm now at about 650 miles. That means 6,850 to go.

C'mon summer, bring on the riding weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment